Sunday, September 7, 2014

Rice and Fried Egg


Last week was a busy week. I was busy with cooking demo in the city and also preparation for classes. My lunch, thus as simple as rice and egg but I was happy with it. I'd love to share the recipe with you here.

Rice is the staple food in many Asia countries, it can have as simple as fried egg to serve with in anytime or when there is a last minute situation (I mean with a busy lifestyle, sometimes there is no time to cook or maybe there is only eggs left in the refrigerator and sometimes I just feel like eating it). In fact, this is a common way and the most convenience cooking in Asian family recipes. Honestly speaking, I do enjoy the nice taste of it. My grandmother and mother had fed me with this delicious egg and now I sometimes cook it for my daughters as well.

Fried Egg

2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 egg
1 bowl of warm steam rice
1 tablespoon soy sauce

Heat the oil hot in a small fry-pan over high heat. Fry the egg until well cooked or medium cooked and turn over let it fry until well done or medium cooked.

Pour soy sauce into the fry-pan and turn off the heat. Let the soy sauce stand in the fry-pan for a few seconds. Pour the egg and sauce on top of the warm steam rice. Serve hot.

Note: It looks simple but the secret of making the soy sauce nice in here is the method of cooking it.


Cooking time: 5 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment