Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Birthday Party



I had been waiting for so long for this moment to celebrate my youngest daughter’s birthday. It was so precious and was not just for its purpose but also was to celebrate life, joy, food, memory of our family. The party menu plan was mainly to suit my little princess but it was a bit too much for her friends as she loves so much spicy food.  Thus, I decided to cook half of her favorites and other half to cater her littler friends and others.


I love to serve my guests with fresh food as possible with humble cooking methods- back from basics and oriental.  I decided to do Asian high tea with finger foods-mostly savory, a couple types of noodles, fruit and cakes. The day before the event, as usual, began with shopping, chopping, making spring rolls, preparing curry paste, Malaysian satay paste, satay, honey chicken, turmeric chicken and cake. The next morning, I started with curry, stick satay, curry puffs, fresh vegetables for gluten free Vietnamese paper rolls, stir-fried noodles, satay and chicken. Half way done by noon, my eldest daughter asked: “Mum, you forgot jelly!”  In fact, I didn’t forget it but I really ran out of time. Anyway, we tried it but I was sure we didn’t have enough time for jelly to set and as expected we did not have the jelly for our guests. It wasn’t too bad – we had it the next day. Fortunately, we had enough ice-ream for our friends. Finally, I prepared fruit plate and final assemble for all the dishes. Da, da, da…. off my stove, party started on time and food was ready to serve.


Even though it was a bit busy the whole cooking process was so relaxing and enjoyable. Everyone enjoyed the food and kids loved the play. It was the happy and precious moment to see little kids play and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment